Conservative news analyst, Bill O’Reilly, appeared to be off the hook following the revelation of Fox News paying out multiple women who accused the controversial political critic of sexual assault.
However, recent reports are suggesting that allegations from a new unnamed victim has Fox News ready to sever ties with O’Reilly.
It’s believed that O’Reilly might have barked up the wrong tree, as a new African-American victim has revealed that he would regularly make sexual advances at her, and even referred to her as “hot chocolate.”
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the woman, who requested to remain unnamed, didn’t work directly for O’Reilly, but her desk was near his office, and she claims that he would often times pass by her work area and make harassing statements and actions on a regular basis. Attorney Lisa Bloom says at least three people were able to confirm that the unnamed woman was often stressed out and uneasy by the end of the work day.
“He would never talk to her, not even hello, except to grunt at her like a wild boar. He would leer at her. He would always do this when no one else was around and she was scared.
She’s not asking for any money. She just wants them to know her story.”
Attorney Bloom is also representing radio personality, Wendy Walsh, who says she was forced out of the network after refusing O’Reilly’s advances. This all comes after an April 1st New York Times story revealed explosive allegations against the longtime Fox News host, including that during his time at the network, at least five women have been paid off by Fox to keep silent about their harassment allegations.
In the story, Fox said in a statement that “no current or former Fox News employee ever took advantage of the 21st Century Fox hotline to raise a concern about Bill O’Reilly.”
However, so far at least two women, including Walsh and the unnamed victim, have taken advantage of the line — and soon, another woman is also expected to call and report harassment by the anchor, according to Bloom.
The allegations against O’Reilly come just shy of one year after a slew of women claimed that they were harassed by and-or retaliated against by ousted-CEO Roger Ailes. Ailes was terminated shortly after former Fox News correspondent, Megyn Kelly, told Fox investigators about her experiences with Ailes, which she also detailed in her book.
Attorney Bloom sent a letter in early April to the New York State Division of Human Rights asking it to intervene at Fox News, calling the network a “cesspool of sexual harassment, intimidation and retaliation.”
News of the popular host’s possible departure from Fox News comes from the Wall Street Journal, which says anonymous sources have confirmed that “Fox News is preparing to cut ties with its biggest star” and that “a final decision on Mr. O’Reilly’s fate could come as early as the next several days.”
On his April 11th show, O’Reilly said that he was taking a pre-planned vacation until April 24. However, many are now wondering if he will ever return to the show……