A bet that went completely wrong tragically ends the life of a young man.
23-year-old, Kelvin Rafael Mejía, died from alcohol poisoning after drinking an entire bottle of tequila in a Dominican nightclub.
Mejia decided to wager in a bet between a group of friends for $630. He was taped on camera downing the bottle in one setting. Soon after he was given the money, he passed out and collapsed on the floor and never regained consciousness.
According to El Universal, the bet began after Mejia approached a table where a group of clients were betting money on how much tequila they could drink in one go and he asked to join in.
The Dominican Republic’s medical examiner revealed that the man died from alcohol intoxication.