Bodega Where Junior Was Murdered Reopens Under New Ownership
The Bodega where Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Feliz was savagely stabbed has now reopened under new ownership. According to PIX11, the owner Wagner Baez said that the store opened at the end of last week.
Baez says despite the backlash against the store’s reopening, there have been customers visiting the store and no incidents have emerged since. The infamous Bodega which is located at East 183rd Street and Bathgate Avenue shut it’s doors after Junior was attacked on June 20.
The teen was chased down by a group of alleged gang members. He begged for shelter inside the Bodega, but was captured on video being dragged out as the store’s former owner, Modesto Cruz did nothing to help. Junior then ran back inside the store after being beaten and stabbed across the throat with a machete in need of help. However, surveillance footage captured a person inside the Bodega pointing the fatally wounded teenager away from the store.
The doors of the store were closed until last month when employees were allowed back inside for clean-up.
More on the Bodega below!