Connect with us

The Hollywood Unlocked

Buffalo Wild Wings Employee Dies After Exposure To ‘Common’ Cleaning Agent

Photo Credit: CBS News

Featured

Buffalo Wild Wings Employee Dies After Exposure To ‘Common’ Cleaning Agent

Buffalo Wild Wings Employee Dies After Exposure To ‘Common’ Cleaning Agent

An employee of a Buffalo Wild Wings in Massachusetts has died and 10 others are currently getting treated after being exposed to a floor cleaner inside the restaurant.

RELATED: Woman Dies After Falling Into Commercial Meat Grinder

Fire Chief Michael Patterson told reporters that after 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, emergency responders in Burlington were called to the scene following the report of a “sick individual and a potential chemical release.” Patterson said the worker was being treated by paramedics outside of the restaurant then transported to a hospital, where he died. 

It was said that the man was exposed to a sodium hypochlorite floor cleaner called “Super,” which Patterson noted that is commonly used in restaurants. Another worker “prepared the floor” with the cleaner and then immediately stepped outside for fresh air, according to Patterson. The worker who died then tried to clean the agent out of the restaurant “when he was overcome,” Patterson said. In addition to the victim, a total of 11 people were hospitalized as a result of the incident. Two were customers.

A Buffalo Wild Wings spokesperson did release a statement saying,

“We are shocked and saddened to learn of this tragic accident at our franchisee-owned sports bar and are working closely with our franchisee and the authorities while they conduct an investigation,” the spokesperson said. 

Press Play Below For More:

RELATED: Hawaiian Airlines Flight Attendant Dies During Flight From Honolulu To NYC

Source

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Featured

Exclusive

Trending

Contributors

To Top
close