Connect with us

The Hollywood Unlocked

Couple dies After Attempting To Protect Car In Giant Plastic Bag

Credit: Times & Star

News

Couple dies After Attempting To Protect Car In Giant Plastic Bag

Couple dies After Attempting To Protect Car In Giant Plastic Bag

RELATED: California Couple Plead Guilty To Shackling And Torturing 13 Children

We all take pride in our cars, especially if we got our hands on a prized motor. However, for one couple their obsession over protecting their car led to their untimely deaths!

A classic car-collecting British couple passed away from carbon monoxide poisoning after they backed their Mercedes-Benz into a giant plastic bag.

The Telegraph reports that William Reid, 67, bought a 1980s Mercedes 230 in the US and once it was transported to England he decided to store it in a huge plastic bag. He then reversed the car into the bag in his garage with the help of his partner, Kathryn Workman, 70. At some point, exhaust flames filled the bag and left the pair unresponsive. Kathryn is said to have tried to crawl out but was overcome by the fumes when she tried to wake Reid up.

Paramedics describe what it was like when they arrived at the scene,

“We ripped the bag open and there was a very strong smell of fumes, so we ran out,” paramedic Ben Sayner said.

Unfortunately, Reid was pronounced dead at the scene and Workman sadly died two days later.

RELATED: Arizona Couple Set To Meet With Mattel To Discuss A Same Sex Barbie Wedding Set

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in News

Exclusive

Trending

Contributors

To Top
close