Connect with us

The Hollywood Unlocked

Couple Reveals They Became Sick At Same Dominican Resort Where Three Americans Died

BAHIA PRINCIPE LA ROMANA

Featured

Couple Reveals They Became Sick At Same Dominican Resort Where Three Americans Died

Couple Reveals They Became Sick At Same Dominican Resort Where Three Americans Died

RELATED: Pennsylvania Woman Died At Same Dominican Resort Five Days Prior To Maryland Couple

A Colorado couple reveal that they also became sick at the same Dominican Republic resort where three Americans recently died.

Kaylynn Knull revealed that she and her boyfriend, Tom Schwander, became ill during their stay at the Grand Bahia Principe hotel back in June of last year.

“As soon as we came back to the room, we noticed it smelled like somebody had dumped paint everywhere,” Knull told KMGH in an interview. “We were drooling excessively. My eyes would not stop watering.”

She revealed that the symptoms did not stop when they changed their hotel room.

“That night, we both woke up soaked in sweat at like 4 in the morning and kind of terrified,” she added. “And we booked a flight home before the sun came up.”

After they went home to Colorado, the couple saw a doctor who revealed that they were experiencing poisoning from organophosphate, which is a form of insecticide. It may have been used on the plants at the resort.

The couple adds that they tried to sue the hotel, however, the hotel refused to disclose what type of chemical they used on their grounds.

As we recently reported, Miranda Schaupp-Werner, 41, was found dead in her room at the resort, just five days before Edward Nathaniel Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Ann Day, 49, were discovered lifeless in their room.

The resort has not commented.

RELATED: Update: Maryland Couple Died In Dominican Republic Due To Respiratory Failure

Click to comment

More in Featured

Exclusive

Trending

Contributors

To Top