Connect with us

The Hollywood Unlocked

Ja Rule Off The Hook In Fyre Fest Suits

Photo Credit: Giphy

Featured

Ja Rule Off The Hook In Fyre Fest Suits

Ja Rule Off The Hook In Fyre Fest Suits

Well look what we have here: Ja Rule is off the hook in the big Fyre Festival case… for now. As we previously reported, a civil suit was filed against the rapper by cheated ticket holders who paid between $400 and $1,000 to attend the big 2017 event. However, according to the latest updates by Page Six, a federal judge in Manhattan ruled that the rapper can be dismissed from the suit over the failed festival for which Ja Rule served as a promoter.

RELATED: Ja Rule Says He’s Planning Another “Iconic Music Festival”

Despite expressing how they were bamboozled by the rapper, the festival organizer Billy McFarland and more, Judge P. Kevin Castel ruled on Wednesday that the aggrieved attendees did not meet the legal standard to bring fraud claims against Ja Rule and another defendant, Grant Margolin, the festival’s chief marketing officer.

Ja Rule is “not alleged to have known of individual ticket or merchandise sales,” the judge said. “In December 2016 he posted on his personal Twitter account that the Festival would be ‘FOMO – inducing’ and one thousand times better than Coachella. These statements have been found to be no while than puffery,” Page Six quotes. Now, while Castel dismissed all claims in the suit, he did give the plaintiffs a three-week window to come forward with new evidence to re-file a fraud claim against the rapper.

“Mr. Atkins is thankful for today’s ruling and for the Court’s time and attention,” said Ryan Smith, Ja Rule’s attorney. “Justice was done today.”

Press Play Below For More:

RELATED: Ja Rule Defends Himself Against Fyre Festival Backlash, “I Would NEVER SCAM or FRAUD Anyone”

Source

Click to comment

More in Featured

Exclusive

Trending

Contributors

To Top