Jussie Smollett Enters Not Guilty Plea To Disorderly Conduct Charges
“Empire” star Jussie Smollett strutted again in court Thursday morning where he decided to plead not guilty on 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly filing a false police report.
RELATED: Jussie Smollett Indicted On 16 Felony Counts By Grand Jury
Smollett appeared before Judge Steven Watkins, who was assigned the high-profile case earlier this morning. During the arrangement, Smollett was advised that he needs to be at every court date and on-time, going forward.
It was also said that Watkins made a small change to the terms of Smollett’s bond, saying he will allow him to travel Los Angeles and New York to meet with attorneys without first formally seeking court approval. Smollett is set to be back in court in mid-April.
The actor, who claimed he was attacked by two white men wearing MAGA hates, has maintained his innocence despite Chicago police discovering that two Nigerren men were actually involved in allegedly setting up the attack. Although he was arrested and charged, Smollett’s defense team has said there has been a lot of misinformation in the case and believes Jussie is the victim in the real victim here.
We will continue to follow this story and keep you updated on this news. Until then, tell us your thoughts on the latest update is Jussie’s Smollet hoax attack case.
Press Play Below For More: