Kensington Palace Releases Statement After Meghan Markle’s Father Thomas Backs Out of Royal Wedding
Its been a rough couple of days for the soon-to-be wife Meghan Markle. The Kensington Palace has released a statement on behalf of Prince Harry and Meghan regarding all the drama surrounding her father, Thomas Markle.
“This is a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle in the days before her wedding,” a Kensington Palace spokesman said in a statement on Monday, May 14. “She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation.”
Thomas was recently caught staging wedding prep photos with paparazzi. He couldn’t handle all of the backlash from it and told TMZ, Monday that he didn’t want to be apart of Harry and Meghan’s upcoming royal ceremony anymore. The palace previously confirmed on May 4 that Thomas was not only going to attend the Saturday, May 19, wedding in London but was also set to walk the former Suits actress down the aisle at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle.
Thomas told the gossip site that he regrets his decision to listen to the paparazzi and said he looks “stupid and hammy.” The 73-year-old also told TMZ that he suffered a heart attack a few days before the scandal broke.
Thomas revealed yesterday that he was headed back to the hospital because he was suffering from new chest pains due to emotional stress.
The big wedding is only a few days away. Socialites, do you think Thomas Markel will make things right to walk his daughter down the aisle? Let us know in the comment box below.
Gallery Of The Royal Couple:
Photo: 1 of 11
Source: US Magazine