Connect with us

The Hollywood Unlocked

Man Paralyzed After Eating Undercooked Chicken From London Restaurant

Daily Mail

News

Man Paralyzed After Eating Undercooked Chicken From London Restaurant

A British man is paralyzed from the neck down after he ate an undercooked chicken at a local restaurant in London last December.

According to the Daily Mail, Richard Jackson,39,started to experience symptoms of delirium and admitted himself to a hospital after feeling ill. His condition worsened over the course of 24 hours and he lost the ability to control his arms. Afterward, he fell into a coma for ten days when he became paralyzed from the neck down. Jackson said he was staying in London for a week and had meals from several restaurants but could not remember where it happened.

“I developed mild food poisoning from under-cooked chicken which triggered a severe rare auto-immune condition leaving me paralysed.I was admitted to St Richard’s Hospital in Chichester as I started having problems being able to walk.”

RELATED STORIES: Vegan Calls The Police On Friend Who Fed Her chicken Nuggets When She Was Drunk

Jackson added that he was placed on a ventilator after he was placed in intensive care. Doctors later diagnosed him with Transverse Myelitis. There is no cure for the autoimmune disease. It causes an inflammation of the spinal cord and can lead to paralysis.

’I was given 24-hour nursing care, a private room, daily physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.Each mealtime I was winched into a wheelchair and taken to a communal room for meals and to meet the other people there. Physio started immediately. I could only manage a few minutes at first but with all the attention I showed strong signs of recovery.’

Often, it is contracted from the bacteria in raw foods, immune system disorders and other factors that can destroy nerve components in the spinal cord.

RELATED STORIES: Video Captures Raw Chicken Breast Crawling Off Restaurant Table

Although his diagnosis occured on Dec.8 of last year, Jackson plans to commemorate the anniversary by participating in the Goodwood Motor Circuit. He also thanked the staff at the Donald Wilson rehabilitation center for helping with his recovery.

Press play to learn more about the dangers of eating undercooked chicken and share your thoughts with the Yappa comment box.

SOURCE

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in News

Exclusive

Trending

Contributors

To Top
close