A man from Kaohsiung, Taiwan said his Apple AirPod still works after he accidentally swallowed it.
According to the Daily Mail, Ben Hsu said he fell asleep with the headphones still in his ears and accidentally swallowed one of them. When he woke up, Hsu was looking for one of the AirPods and used the tracking feature on his iPhone to find it.
‘I checked under my blanket and looked around but couldn’t find it – then I realized the sound was coming from my stomach.’
Hsu added that he did not feel any pain while the headphone was in his stomach. Doctors at the Kaohsiung Municipal United Hospital told him that the object was passing through his digestive system and prescribed him a laxative.
RELATED STORIES: Guards Wait For Thief To Pass Diamond Earrings He Swallowed
They also told him that if the AirPod did not release from his body naturally, he would need surgery to have it removed. On the following day, Hsu said he used the bathroom at a local train station and the AirPod came out along with his waste.
RELATED STORIES: Woman Goes Into Anaphylactic Shock After Swallowing Partner’s Semen
While he removed the headphone from his feces, Hsu said that the AirPod was still intact and worked after he cleaned it.
‘The battery was still at 41 percent! It was incredible’
Dr. Chen Cheih-fan said the headphone still worked because of the plastic covering surrounding the AirPod.
‘Because of the plastic shell around the AirPod, the risk of it causing him harm in a similar way to swallowing a regular lithium-ion battery is much lower.’
Press play to watch these YouTubers swallow their AirPods in the video below. *Please do not swallow your electronic devices*