Connect with us

The Hollywood Unlocked

Maryland Police Officer Charged With Raping Woman During Traffic Stop

New York Post


Maryland Police Officer Charged With Raping Woman During Traffic Stop

A decorated police officer in Maryland was charged with raping a woman inside her car after a traffic stop.

RELATED: Uber Driver Who Raped Passenger Calls Sex ‘Perk’ Of The Job

Ryan Macklin, a six-year veteran of the Prince George’s County Police Department, was taken into custody late Monday on charges that included first-degree rape and second-degree assault. The inicent occurred after he pulled the woman over early Thursday.

“The charges against this officer are highly troubling,” Police Chief Hank Stawinski said in a news release. “Officers take an oath to protect others, not to abuse their authority in order to victimize someone. Those who live and work in Prince George’s County deserve the very best from the men and women of this department.”

A preliminary investigation found that the on-duty cop pulled the female motorist over in Langley Park while driving a marked police cruiser and in full uniform. During the subsequent traffic stop, Macklin, who was assigned to the department’s Bureau of Patrol, is accused of forcing the woman to perform a sex act while they were both seated in her car in a nearby parking lot.

It wasn’t immediately clear why Macklin allegedly targeted the woman, however investigators suspect that there may be additional victims. The department also released brief surveillance footage showing what investigators say is Macklin activating his emergency lights to conduct the traffic stop.

RELATED: Ohio Haunted House Receives Backlash For Allegedly Including A Mock Rape

Macklin who was named the department’s patrol officer of the month on at least two occasions, most recently in September 2014 was suspended without pay.

“There were concerns raised that perhaps this event had something to do with the victim’s personal history or her immigration status,” Stawinski told reporters at a news conference. “I have no information as a result of the investigation, which has proceeded for the last 72 hours, that is the case.”

Investigators are now working closely with the Prince George’s County State’s Attorney’s Office, Stawinski said.

Press play below to hear more on the story.





Click to comment

More in News




To Top