Connect with us

The Hollywood Unlocked

Officials Identify Man Accused Of Paying For Hit On David Ortiz

Featured

Officials Identify Man Accused Of Paying For Hit On David Ortiz

Officials Identify Man Accused Of Paying For Hit On David Ortiz

Authorities in the Dominican, Republic have identified the man they believe paid hit men to try to kill David Ortiz. Dominican prosecutors revealed Monday that José Eduardo [Chuky] Ciprián was the mastermind behind the attack on the former Red Sox star.

RELATED: Second Arrest Made In Shooting Of David Ortiz

Associated Press shared that Ciprián, who is serving a long-term prison sentence for another murder case, forwarded Alberto Miguel Rodriguez Mota a photo of the intended target. Now, Rodriguez Mota who is a fugitive, met with another suspect Gabriel Alexander Perez Vizcaíno, to discuss a plan one week before Ortiz was shot, the indictment states.

José Eduardo ‘Chunky’ Ciprián is said to have paid the group of men $8,000 to carry out the attack. As of right now, his motive remains unconfirmed. However, authorities told DailyMail.com that Ortiz was targeted by the crime boss because he thought he was having an affair with his wife. 

As of right now, 10 people have been detained for their involvement in shooting of Ortiz while he was at a nightclub earlier this month. After receiving surgery, the status of Ortiz’s health has improved to “good condition.”

Press Play Below For More:

RELATED: Update: David Ortiz Reportedly Target Of Hired Hitmen

Source

Click to comment

More in Featured

Exclusive

Trending

Contributors

To Top