Connect with us

The Hollywood Unlocked

School Removes Bathroom Stall Door After Student Passes Out While Vaping

News

School Removes Bathroom Stall Door After Student Passes Out While Vaping

A vaping incident involving a student has led to an Alabama high school deciding to remove bathroom stall doors in all student bathrooms.

WAFF reports the administration at Wilson Highschool in Lauderdale County made the decision after a student passed out inside of the bathroom while vaping. In order to prevent students from sneaking in the vapes on school campus, some of the bathroom stalls have been removed from the boys’ restroom. Principal Gary Horton says vaping has become a problem since school staff and students can smell the smoke from their rooms.

RELATED STORIES: Officials Report First Death Linked To Lung Illness From Vaping

However, many parents do not agree with this new policy since it’s an invasion of privacy. Father Bruce Campbell says the school is being a bit excessive.

“It’s a little over-excessive. Maybe they need to put a monitor in the hall, like they do. Usually they have a truancy officer or a police officer at the school. Have them monitor the hallway because a bathroom is for each individual person’s privacy,”

RELATED STORIES: 17-Year-Old Boy’s Lungs Completely Blocked from Vaping

The principal says the removal of stall doors is not a permanent solution but they are implementing other plans to prevent students from vaping on school grounds.

Press play to learn more below and let us know your thoughts.

SOURCE

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in News

Exclusive

Trending

Contributors

To Top
close