Connect with us

The Hollywood Unlocked

Teen Dies After Brain Infection From Eating Undercooked Pork

Photo Credit: iStock

Featured

Teen Dies After Brain Infection From Eating Undercooked Pork

Teen Dies After Brain Infection From Eating Undercooked Pork

A teen sadly lost his life after eating pork that was undercooked.

According to the Daily Mail, the 18-year-old, who has not been named but is known to be from India, died two weeks after showing up at an emergency room with seizures and groin pain, appearing confused and with swelling over his eye, in what turned out to be symptoms of a parasitic brain disease caused by a tapeworm.

RELATED: Woman Almost Dies After Injecting Fruit Juices Into Her Body

He was diagnosed with neurocysticercosis, which the World Health Organization describes as a “tapeworm infection of the central nervous system.” The Infection is usually a result of “consuming undercooked food, particularly pork, or water contaminated with tapeworm eggs, or through poor hygiene practices.”

With cysts in his brain and eye, doctors were not able to apply antiparasitic medications, which can worsen bleeding in the brain or cause loss of vision. They did however They use an anti-inflammatory medication and antiseizure drugs, but unfortunately were not able to save the teenager.

Press Play Below For More:

RELATED: Fifth Grade Student Dies Days After Classroom Fight

Source

Continue Reading
You may also like...
Click to comment

More in Featured

Exclusive

Trending

Contributors

To Top