Connect with us

The Hollywood Unlocked

Woman Says She Drank Bleach Instead Of Soda From Hotel Minibar In Dominican Republic


Woman Says She Drank Bleach Instead Of Soda From Hotel Minibar In Dominican Republic

A Brooklyn woman has come forward about her experience at the resort where three American tourists have died in the Dominican Republic.

The New York Post reports Awilda Montes,43, recalled her experience at the Grand Bahia Principe resort where she fell violently ill and started bleeding in the mouth in October 2018. Montes went on a romantic getaway with her then-boyfriend and drank a soda from the minibar after checking in to the resort. She said the soda tasted like “bleach” after she asked her boyfriend to open the bottle.

“When I took a swig of it, I swallowed a tiny bit of it, and when I held it there I realized it was tingling in my mouth and then it started burning, I ran to bathroom sink and spit it out and it was all blood.”

Montes yelled to her boyfriend that the drink tasted like bleach and her tongue continued to bleed profusely. After contacting the front desk, she said that the hotel staff was trying to “diffuse the situation” and contacted a medic who treated Montes with IV fluids. She added that the hotel called the incident a mix-up and told her to sign a disclaimer.

“They tried to get me to sign a disclaimer — dinner on the beach, a couples massage, or two free nights’ stay — I absolutely refused to sign it,”

RELATED STORIES: Couple Reveals They Became Sick At Same Dominican Resort Where Three Americans Died

At first, she thought the drink was an accident but since the deaths of three American tourists have affected the resort’s reputation, she believes otherwise.

“Now I’m wondering if it was on purpose, by a disgruntled employee. There are times you’re on vacation and you’re lying out on the beach and you ask workers to bring you something. There’s a lot of poor people working in this country, and they’re watching people day in day out who are enjoying their lives and don’t enjoy their own.”

RELATED STORIES: Couple Who Died In Fiji Told Relatives They Were “Throwing Up For 8 Hours”

Since the incident, Montes says lost the feeling of taste in her tongue and her sister has reached out to the family of Miranda Schaup-Werner. She believes the hotel should be held accountable for everything that has happened:

“I want them to know that they could have done something to prevent this because they’ve known this since my incident back in October and they should be held accountable,”



Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in News




To Top